Monday, December 22, 2008

Tale of a blanket

I made a rag quilt for Kate when she was born. Well, I actually had some help finishing it (thanks Jess and Jodi). Kate has been VERY attached to froggie blankie. A couple weeks ago, froggie blankie went missing. This is very strange, because there really aren't many places it could hide. But I couldn't find it anywhere. I was secretly happy, because the poor blanket was getting really tattered and faded. And I secretly hoped I could find it first, so I could "accidentally" throw it away. Kind of like I'm sure my dad "accidentally" threw away my bikini as a teenager. It took a few days, but Kate eventually stopped asking for her favorite blanket. Bryan and I went to the store tonight, and left the kids instructions to clean up the basement. When we got home, Kate was standing at the door, hugging her favorite froggie blankie. NOOOOO!!!!! The kids had found it in the Christmas Tree box in the basement. I had to act fast, so the previous blankie attachment would not reattach. I showed Kate this picture:

154-5402_IMG

We talked about how nice and bright her blankie used to be. And now it's not looking so good. So we decided to take a picture of her with her blankie one more time:

DSC03175

Then we hung the blankie in her closet "so it won't get more worn out." We'll see how long this arrangement lasts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sara, those pictures are so cute! Maybe you could frame them together and when she wants her blankie she can instead remember them through pictures. That blankie is great and I don't know it doesn't look too tattered to me...but I won't tell Kate that!