Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Stuck!

This afternoon, Josh yelled in a tattling voice, "Mom, Matt's throwing snowballs at the window!" It was the window right by where Josh was doing his homework, so he was annoyed. And any opportunity to tattle on Matt is fun for Josh. So I opened the front door and yelled for Matt to knock it off. Then I hear "I'm stuck!" I peeked outside, and all I see is the top half of Matt. The bottom half is in the snow. Do I run to help him? Oh no, I run to find the camera. I got the camera, got my snow boots on, and went out to see Matt. I informed him that I was going to get him out, but first I had to take a few pictures. :)

DSC03365

I asked him how in the world this happened! He said he was walking on the sidewalk (um, hello, it's under a few feet of snow!) and was doing fine until he sank. And then he was stuck. Good thing this happened in front of our house, so he could throw snowballs at the window to get our attention! We had a little talk about walking in the street instead of the "sidewalk" when the snow is this deep.


DSC03370

8 comments:

rebecca said...

I can't believe how much snow you have! Matt looks totally on board with this photo shoot. I was just thinking today that it's been a while since Matt's last adventure.

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me. :) Poor kid! Glad he made it safely home.

Sherrill said...

It all makes perfect sense to me, too! Everyone should walk on the sidewalk and Josh should have known that Matt was just trying to get help, right? ;)

Emily said...

hahahahahahaha!! That's hilarious! And what better way to get someone's attention than to throw snowballs?? Smart kid. :)

Unknown said...

So did you have to pull him out or dig him out? I'm glad he's such an adventurous little boy, what a crack up

MarytheMom said...

Hmmmm perhaps some snoshoes are needed. I love that he has no sweatshirt or coat on. So typical. My now 16 year old wear shorts to school!

Oh...and this is your Aunt Mary...this is my google/blogger name. Gee, I wonder why....

Carrie said...

Too funny! What kinda mother are you telling your child to walk in the street and NOT on the sidewalk....
We loved hanging out, hopefully we will see you soon!

sunnyside said...

That is hilarious! Good thing he has good aim!