Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Attitude

I am definitely a summer person! As the weather gets colder, I'm really doing my best to keep a good attitude. So I decided to share some of my favorite things about autumn:

1. Pumpkin Bars. My friend Carrie got me hooked on pumpkin bars many many years ago. In turn, I've gotten a lot of people hooked on them too! The recipe is super-easy and highly addictive.


Pumpkin Bars:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves
1 cup oil (can subst. applesauce)
15 oz can pumpkin
4 eggs

Mix everything together. Pour into greased jelly roll pan (a deep cookie sheet).
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup margarine
3 oz cream cheese
1 Tbs milk
1 Tbs vanilla

Spread frosting on cooled pumpking bars.

2. Scentsy Wickless Candles. My friend Julie got me hooked on Scentsy. I love the fact that it's wickless, and it's really easy to change out scents. I enjoy my Scentsy candle warmer (the Zensy) all year long. Havana Cabana is my favorite summer scent. I've just switched to more fall-type scents like Pumpkin Roll and Clove & Cinnamon.

****

OK, I'm in trouble. Those are the only 2 things I could come up with! I'll keep thinking.

(2 days later) I thought of one more:

3. All of the grasses that were causing my allergies are dying, so after 3 weeks my ears are finally unplugged! I'm very grateful for that.

See what a great attitude I have?

6 comments:

rebecca said...

love the picture, sara:)

Ellsworth Family said...

You are so positivr and so special (that's a joke if you didnt get it, insert a certain voice when reading those) Pumpkin bars! Bring them to Thanksgiving!

Sara C said...

Thanks, Amanda, but everyone knows you are the special one in the family.

Sara C said...

I put the leftovers from this batch of pumpkin bars into a large tupperware container. The next day, I found Kate sitting on the couch with the container on her lap. She had eaten the frosting off all of the pumpkin bars. Naughty!

Anonymous said...

I was just craving your pumpkin bars yesterday and couldn't find my recipe. Thank you! Thanks you! And when can we have lunch together? Miss you!

Sherrill said...

I'm so proud of you!~