Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's in a name?

Kate (whose full name is Kathryn) came to us with lots of attitude. So did her cousin Kathryn. My sister and I have consequently joked that you need to be careful when naming a child Kathryn. Last night, we took the kids swimming at the community pool. As soon as Kate got in the water, she found a new friend. Her friend's name is Kate. It turns out, this new Kate is also 3 1/2. Her birthday is 2 days after our Kate. And this new Kate is also bossy. She and Kate had a great time bossing each other around. As the new Kate was leaving with her family, she says to me, "What's your phone number?" Her mom was shocked. I wasn't. After all, it's something my Kate would have said!

Swimming: Kate is fearless. She can't swim yet, but she spends most of the time with her head underwater. It's a little stressful for the lifeguards. Joey can swim, and happily goes around doing his own thing. He went off the diving board a few times. Matt and Josh spent the whole time going off the diving board and the high-dive. They both did flips off the high-dive, and ended up over-rotating. Can you say OUCH???

2 comments:

Julee said...

I think you might need to be careful when they're named Ceseley, too. :) We certainly have some spunky girls in this clan.

I can't believe the boys were jumping off the high dive. Well, actually, yes I can. That would TERRIFY me!

Sherrill said...

KATHRYN is an awesome name. The problem is that we also gave them middle names to back up the first names. Love the phone number bit. SOOOOOOOOOOOO true about their firecracker attitudes. They'll boss anyone willing to be bossed and then some. Too fun.