Friday, April 2, 2010

Dying Easter Eggs

Sorry folks, I'm here to inform you that although you may have liked your preschool teacher, I had the best preschool teacher.

(I'm on the ladder. Jimmy is in front of me, and I was in love with him.)

Mrs. Stetson lived in my neighborhood. My siblings and I frequently visited Mrs. Stetson. She made the best Chex Mix, pretended to be astounded when I showed her I could play "Birdy Birdy Where is your Nest?" on the piano, took us to the Ice Cream Parlor on our birthday, ... the list goes on and on. What a neat lady. My favorite memories with Mrs. Stetson are of dying Easter Eggs. Now, when I dye eggs with my kids, I always think of that very special preschool teacher.

Here are a couple pictures from this year's egg dying extravaganza. Matt had to work on a book report, and Josh is too cool for egg dying. So it was me, Kate, and Joey. :)

Kate was using the fan to speed up the drying process. She really really really wanted to put stickers on the eggs.

Even to this day, I keep in touch with my dear preschool teacher. Pat, thank you for being such a special friend to me all through these years.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I love Mrs. Stetson!

pms said...

Sara,
You made my day! and my Easter!
You and Julie always were my favs.
Dying Easter eggs became a tradition for us which is a great memory among many others.
Happy Easter and love to all the Ellsworth's. You're a warm fuzzy.
Pat Stetson Nelson